This Error is a general Crash error and can come up while installing or using the software. Try the steps below to fix. The fix below will cause Studio to lose all tags, ratings, collections, clip modifications, etc. will be lost and unavailable in Studio if it is ever re-installed.
1. Close Studio.
2. Browse to this location:
Avid Studio Users - C:\Users\(your account user name here)\AppData\Local\Avid\Studio\1.0
Pinnacle Studio 220.127.116.11- C:\Users\(your account user name here)\AppData\Local\Avid\Studio\2.0
Pinnacle Studio 18.104.22.168 or higher Users - C:\Users\(your account user name here)\AppData\Local\Pinnacle\Studio\16.0
3. Rename the 1.0 folder to 1.old (For Avid Studio Users) or the 2.0 folder to 2.old (For Studio 22.214.171.124 Users), or the 16.0 folder to 16.old (For Studio 16 users who have applied a patch to 126.96.36.199 or greater)
4. Re open the software and see if the Error still comes up.
If these steps fail see the Studio Crashing Problems FAQ for further trouble shooting.
Note: If you cannot browse to this location, you need to enable the option to Show hidden files and folders.
In Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. In Windows Explorer click Organize.
2. Select Folder and Search Options.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Enable Show hidden files and folders. Click Apply.